Categories
Sculpture

A brand new spine

Yays and boos (which seem to be the new norm with the skeleton’s progress). It’s been a while since the last post so here’s what has happened: I abandoned the gooseneck tubing and instead found some solid copper wire that slides easily into plastic tubing at the hardware store.  I redesigned the skeleton’s pelvis, ribcage, […]

Categories
Painting Sculpture

Varnish and Spinal parts

I decided to varnish the painting because I don’t want to work on it any more. The gloss from the gamvar varnish seemed almost too glossy. I had to let it dry for a couple days and thought maybe I had applied it too thick, so I used Gamsol on a rag to remove the […]

Categories
Painting Sculpture

Painting close to finished

I managed to paint quite a bit over the last few days. I plan to work on the hair of the brunette, add some touch ups to the background, and add tattoos to the redhead. Then I think I will be done. Tonight I started designing a new spine for the art mannequin. I’m going […]

Categories
Sculpture

Skeleton design changes

I gave my skeleton a hard assessment today, noting all the things I want to be better. And I only have two complaints: 1. The stand is awful. It won’t hold position unless the bolts on the hinges are super-duper tight. Redesign the stand hinges. 2. The spine doesn’t operate well. Redesign the spine.   […]

Categories
Sculpture

GETTING MORE ATTACHED

The gorilla glue is no good for this project. The muscles detached very easily. So I tried again with the expensive adhesive that I had previously had failures with, and this time I was able to get it to work. It’s tricky and messy, but after 2 hours this morning I was able to get […]