Categories
Painting Sculpture

Varnish and Spinal parts

I decided to varnish the painting because I don’t want to work on it any more. The gloss from the gamvar varnish seemed almost too glossy. I had to let it dry for a couple days and thought maybe I had applied it too thick, so I used Gamsol on a rag to remove the varnish. The scary part was seeing color on my rag after wiping the canvas. I reapplied the gamvar and hung the painting up in my shop. It’s hard to view it from straight on because of the glare. I have 2 other paintings hanging out there and they do not have glare issues, so I am hoping over time the paints will dry and the glare will alleviate. I also thought that maybe I should have oiled out the older areas of the painting, or maybe done a second painting pass on the background. I don’t know. Oil painting can be complicated.

The next project will be to finish the other painting I started of Valarie. Hopefully this week I can find some time and motivation to paint.

No luck yet getting a gallery to carry my paintings. The one in Tahoe I contacted said my art was amazing but their client base probably wouldn’t be interested. I’m happy I got a response, even if it was a rejection.

I received the new parts for the skeleton. They look great. Without having a new rib cage to mount them too I’m not sure how well the gooseneck tubing will,perform. The lower spine feels very stiff, and I also noted that the tubing doesn’t twist – it only bends. Ugh. Another problem to try and solve.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *