Categories
Sculpture

MAKING ADJUSTMENTS

The new pelvis still came out with a portion of the right side missing even after tightening all sides of the mold with rubber bands. Upon further investigation I realized the pour hole was lower than the side that was missing. So I built a triangular platform to slant the mold and decided to pour all the parts again (can’t have too many). It looked like I needed a new fibula bone because the one I had was missing the screw hole for the ankle (I must have forgot to insert the screw in the mold). I mixed up more resin and poured all the parts, put them in the pressure chamber, filled it with air, and let it sit for 3 hours. After pulling all the parts they all looked pretty good. The new pelvis part was intact. Now I need to focus on getting the rest of the parts made while I’m waiting for new silicone to arrive.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *